Re: Whining Rears

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Whining Rears
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 04:16:39 -0800 (PST)
Nope,  no poly bushings.
Good old Rubber ones.

I'm curious. . . about the issue of preload related to gear noise.

Someone mentioned something about preload on the pinion being a factor.

I though the pinion gear was located by shims.
I can see how the load on the pinion bearings is dependant on how much you
tighten the castled nut. . . but it doesn't seem like the gear end of the
pinion should move after the nut is "tight"  . . regardless of if you torque
down on it a bunch or not.

so far it is still working (back and forth to work everyday)

Scott Tilton