Re: Movie-company car WRECKS

To: kmr@pil.net, ZinkZ10C@aol.com, pethier@isd.net, tclotus74@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Movie-company car WRECKS
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 15:56:17 +1100 FILETIME=[51187CA0:01C190EE]
Kai M. Radicke wrote:

>That said, is there a compilation of these cars identities which have >been
>destroyed by film production companies for movies?

Not all the cars are actually destroyed, many use wrecks or basket-cases
just for crashing or blowing up and use the real thing for close ups. For
example, the Rover P6B used in the film 'Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels'
(which was crashed in the film) was sold recently at auction unscathed.

Perhaps the most famous on screen wreck of a classic, namely the Ferrari 250
GT California used in 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off', was simply a modified MGB.
I guess that it was beyond even their budget to wreck a multi-million dollar
car ;-)

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4