Re: Movie-company car WRECKS

To: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Movie-company car WRECKS
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:36:05 -0500
Cc: kmr@pil.net, ZinkZ10C@aol.com, pethier@isd.net, tclotus74@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
> Other examples comes to mind.

>  Arnold Swartzenager in "Commando"

He supposed smashes a Sunbeam Tiger into a utility pole.
Closer study- use of the pause button- reveals an Alpine with dummies
for passengers.
Supposedly, he used his own Tiger for the other shots, which might
account for the better treatment it got.

   "Vanishing Point"

The crazed protagonist , in a Dodge Challenger, runs a XKE of the road.
Of course, big air and a crash off a bridge are required to complete the
scene.  Back then, the Jag was probably a $1000 used car lot find. But,
to see and rust free California XKE trashed still makes me cringe.
I always enjoy watching shoot out scenes in cop shows.  Every damn car
in those LA junkyards are rust free!
Stacks and rows of cars that would fetch money here in New England being
tossed out!  Heck, don't crush them, ship them back east!

   "The Italian Job"

The producers of this movie should be  lined up against the wall and
shot!

Paul