Brake problem, TR3

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake problem, TR3
From: "Mike Barron" <mbarron37@home.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:55:21 -0600
Happy New Year to all on the list.

This winter, I will be working on a problem on the "Weenie", our TR3.   The
brakes tend to hold some pressure upon release, at least the brake lights stay
on and the car is hard to push by hand.  Pressure releases with a little
time.

A few weeks ago I replaced the main line between the reservoir and the master,
but the problem still is there.  Can anyone advise me what might be wrong with
the master, to prevent pressure from releasing.  I have tried adjusting the
master connecting rod to the brake pedal, but the condition does not change.
I have already bought the line from the master to the pressure switch, but
suspect that it is not the culprit here.

Could the return spring inside the master be broken?   Any help from the list
is sincerely appreciated.   I just never seems to stop, I guess

Mike Barron
60 TR3
73 TR6
and a recent addition, a 78 Triumph Bonneville Bike.  Whoopie!