Re: Resoration & Questions Begin-#1

To: <rmf3860@erols.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Resoration & Questions Begin-#1
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 12:29:17 EST
In a message dated Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:12:02 AM Eastern I can't help much on the
other questions, but I'll take this one.

Bob <rmf3860@erols.com> writes:

> 1. When I removed the drain plug from the side of the block, I literally
> had to use a screwdriver to "grind" through the black crud in the hole
> before the coolant started to flow. Is this indicative of possible
> blockage that may exist in other passages in the block?

In my experience, that's the worst of it -- right where the drain hole is. Once
you clear that jam (which seems pretty normal, especially since many folk
apparently never bothered with draining the blocks when/if they "flushed" their
cooling systems), you're probably ok. Might not hurt to do a chemical flush
once it's all back together and running. Again, based on my own experiences
over the years, I wouldn't be surprised if your car runs a bit cooler once it's
back together.

--Andy Mace