True is Stranger that Fiction/ Some LBC Humor

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: True is Stranger that Fiction/ Some LBC Humor
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@starband.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 22:31:02 -0800
     I am automation programmer at a cement plant where we pyro-process raw
ores into cement (1,100,000 tons per year). The process burns a ton of coal
every 3 and a half minutes. I was explaining the theory of nitric oxides
formation and how to minimize them to a new kid that just graduated from
college. He didn't quite get it. I explained that part of the process worked
like a giant carburetor than can run rich or lean.
     He stared at me, completely lost and said "I've never seen a carburetor
before".
     I said "You've never had a car with a carburetor?"
     He said "Nope, fuel injection only".
     I was dumbfounded. A dinosaur in a lost world.
     I stumbled home and synchronized the SU's using a piece of tubing and a
screwdriver.

     Bill Brewer
     Lost in Tehachapi