Re: TR3b on ebay

To: elliottd@look.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3b on ebay
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 20:46:18 EST
In a message dated 1/4/2002 8:24:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
elliottd@look.ca writes:

> David - Did you notice the UK license plate and the fact that the
> wind-screen wipers are parked on the other side.  Is this really in
> Syracuse, NY or in UK ?

I'm not sure what's up with the wipers, but that UK plate undoubtedly has
nothing to do whatsoever with a "1963" TR3B. It's a "G" plate, which puts it
around 1969 (I think the "KV" in the first part indicates a Coventry-area
registration). Even if the car had been a "Personal Export Delivery" car when
built, it more likely would've had a plate along the lines of "4363 DU", as
the style of numbering on this plate didn't begin until 1963, and then with
an "A" suffix. Some previous owner thought the plate "looked right" on the
car, no doubt. ;-)

--Andy Mace

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this
line." -- Oscar Levant