Re: TR3b on ebay

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3b on ebay
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:50:06 EST
In a message dated 1/4/2002 9:19:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
davidt@opentext.com writes:

> - No front overriders
> - TR4 2.2 liter engine
> - Overdrive :-0
> - Fake UK plate
> - Adjustable steering column
> - Okay looking wires
> - Scary steering wheel cover
> - Lots 'o spares
> - Incorrect engine bay colour
> - Backwards wipers

Perhaps the engine bay is the only part of the car still sporting the
original color? Otherwise, the commission number indicates that the car was
built with overdrive, and indeed the 2.2 liter "TR4" engine is correct. (If
original, it would have a TCFxxxxE engine number.)

> Wow, this is most fun I have had all week ( with the messed knee and all ).
> Maybe someone on the list is a lot more informed now about this "diamond in
> the rough" and how much to go to??

I wouldn't want to venture even a wild guess without being able to examine
the car "up close and personal"!

--Andy Mace

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've
got it made." -- Groucho Marx