Re: TR3b on ebay

To: davidt@opentext.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3b on ebay
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 21:06:17 EST
In a message dated 1/4/2002 8:53:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
davidt@opentext.com writes:

> - There are no front overriders, I thought all '3s had them.

Right!

> - Under the hood is black not body colour

Right again, with the exception of TS1LO and TS2, and possibly a few other
very early TR2s that WERE black under the bonnet. ;-)

> - I think the valve cover is even on backwards

No, that's actually correct for what is essentially the early TR4 2.2 liter
engine. Oil filler moved to the rear but is still the open-crankcase
vent-style of push-on filler. I'm pretty sure you can NOT turn a valve cover
around and fit it the wrong way.

> - the condition underneath the wrapped steering wheel would scare me :-P

You might have something there. But heck, it is an adjustable steering
column, OD-equipped TR3B!

--Andy Mace

"I don't know much about being a millionaire, but I'll bet I'd be darling at
it." (Dorothy Parker)