Re: Picayune , yes !

To: BPAULTR3@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Picayune , yes !
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 11:50:39 EST
In a message dated 1/5/2002 11:40:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
BPAULTR3@aol.com writes:

> I recently had a real nice set of Amco rear side
> bumper extensions on a TR3 and I used to hear comments about them, 'not
> original'.  Hey, I wanted a set back in 1962 but I could not afford them.

Fortunately, that is certainly NOT the "official" VTR judging attitude,
although you might occasionally encounter some judges who feel that way. We
specifically encourage and accept (and do NOT deduct points for) period
accessories that can be documented -- in "stock" class judging.

AMCO read side bumper extensions on a "stock" car: NO PROBLEM!
Ford 9" rear end and 351 Cleveland/C6 auto gearbox on a "stock" car: PROBLEM!
:-)

That's why we also have a "Modified" class in VTR.

--Andy

Andrew Mace, Vice President, Member Services
  and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>