Turn signal problems/overdrive test

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Turn signal problems/overdrive test
From: "Dave Barrans" <dbarrans@home.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 00:08:46 -0800
1. I have power on the green wire to the turn signal flasher unit. With the
turn signal in the middle position a dim test lamp on the green-brown wire
coming out of the flasher, in R or L turn position no lamp.  Does this
indicate the flasher is bad or do I need to go further?

2. Will the overdrive solenoid move if the engine is not running and the car
is not moving?  I have power to the solenoid in 2,3 and 4 (test light)
engine off, ignition on, but the solenoid does not move. Is this normal?

Dave Barrans
Poway, CA
1970 TR6