Re: A rare Treat in Georgia

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A rare Treat in Georgia
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 14:42:33 -0000
Hi folks
We have the same problem here on the Isle of Wight, we rarely see snow
(surrounded by warm seawater) but when we do an inch or so will bring the
roads to a stand still. Those of us who can are totally knawsed up by those
who think it is better to leave their cars in the middle of the road and
walk.
I have to say that I really loved the last snow we had, I was able to get
around in my old Herald Estate a lot better than others in cars which
theoretically should have been more suited to the conditions. I don't think
I would want to take out my 2.5 PI saloon (with 150 BHP engine) in it as the
power and more importantly the torque come in rather strong right down in
the bottom of the rev range. I would love to take my 2000 Saloon out in it,
a chance to show the real durability of older cars (and to have a little fun
somewhere quiet)
You all have fun in the snow and spare a thought for us poor snowless
people.

Also a Happy new year to you all!

Graham.