TR6 First Time Carb Rebuild

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[41550450:01C197B5] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g07JtZ127847
Subject: TR6 First Time Carb Rebuild
From: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@compaq.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 13:55:28 -0600 qcorp.net>
Hi All,

I'm attempting to do my first major carb rebuild on my 74 TR6.

The bodies went to Apple Hydraulics today for bushings and new throttle
shafts and yesterday I cleaned all of the disassembled parts on one
carb.  (The other carb will serve as my template for reassembly.)

I found that the bypass valve diaphragm was totally shot along with the
two gaskets that it is sandwiched between.  My TRF rebuild kit does not
include the diaphragm, nor the two gaskets.  It only includes the gasket
between the carb body and the assembled bypass valve.

My question is this...when I order the bypass valve diaphragm from Moss,
or TRF, does it include the two gaskets that surround the diaphragm?  I
don't see those gaskets individually list in Moss, TRF or Vic Brit.  If
those gaskets are not included with the diaphragm, does anybody have the
part numbers?

Lastly, for a great article on carb rebuilds, including excellent photos
and guidance, check out this link form the Ohio Buckeye Triumph WEB site
http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Carbs/CarbsI/CarbsI.htm

Nelson Riedel did a great job putting this series of articles together.

Regards,

Bill
Atlanta
74 TR6