Re: TR6 ring gear question

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 ring gear question
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 20:11:22 -0000
Hi Dave
I figure 2 things about this,
1 As an engineer myself I am entitled to bash.
2 Don't bash too hard as sometimes I am one of those engineers as I am not
perfect [only nearly %^) ] and to not make mistakes means not doing
anything!!

Graham.

Somehow this turned into an "engineer bashing" session.  Well here goes

A friend of mine who worked for a motor manufacturer told me of a
"manufacturing expert" who worked up a method of saving significant money
in tooling and manufacturing time by making the motor laminations out of
aluminium.

Dave

---