RE: "Aircraft stripper" and after

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: "Aircraft stripper" and after
From: "F. Grant Robertson" <f.g.robertson@alexiongroup.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 21:59:20 -0400 >
Just felt that a few things need to be added to this..

Aircraft Remover is darn near a miracle product, and it litteraly will take
anything off of metal.  That being said, it will also quickly remove other
things, like cloth, or skin, or pretty much anything but your watch.  BE
CAREFUL! Wear long pants, long shirt, gloves (I sugest rubber _under_ cloth)
eye protection and, if you have it, a clear face sheild.   I'm not saying
it'll take your arm off but, it does burn like the dickens. Little tiny
specs of it can fly if you are using it with a wire brush.

I took the wheels on my old porsche down to bare aluminum with it a few
years ago (_very_ old ATS five spokes) and it was pretty amazing to see how
it could eat the baked on thick black paint on them.  Oh, also, if your
choosing wire brushes to use with it, get wooden handled ones.. it'll eat
the plastic handles on the more common brushes.

-Grant