Re: removing the badges

To: ralittle2@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: removing the badges
From: rstirb@townisp.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 21:04:14 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ashford,
        There is no "correct" location for the BL or "plughole" badges on the
TR6, as far as I can find.  The positioning probably varied from day-to-day,
depending on who was working the assembly line.
        The TR6s photographed for Piggot's book show them some distance
below center, an inch or two forward of the door-wing shut line.  I can tell
you
that on my car they were mounted by the PO halfway up the wing, and it just
looks wrong.  Of the many 6s I have observed at shows in years past, I think
they look best mounted an inch or so forward and and inch or so up from the
bottom corner of the door.
                Regards,
                        Rick      ''73 TR6 CF2570U