Re: removing the badges

To: Rick Barnard <rstirb@townisp.com>
Subject: Re: removing the badges
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 20:51:02 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Rick Barnard wrote:

> Hello List,
>         I'd like to remove the metal BL badges from my car.  They were
> applied using Weldwood contact cement, about 5 years ago.  The
> paint on the car is an alkyd enamel.  Any ideas how I can remove
> them without damaging the paint?
>         Also, I need to remove the TR6 Union Jack decals.  Is a heat
> gun the best way to remove these?
>         I'll be buffing out the DFO's amateur paintjob soon....
>
>                         Thanks,
>                                 Rick     '73 TR6 CF257OU

If it's the same old Contact cement used for applying laminates, you can soften
it using PPG's Acryli-Clean.  It will take a while to work the solvent
under the badges, but patience will pay off.

ANd Next time use the correct method of attaching the badges.  Use double stick
trim tape that is available at most body shop supply stores.

Joe