Re: TR3b on ebay -- longish "counter-rant"

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR3b on ebay -- longish "counter-rant"
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 19:59:04 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Guys,
I have been reading all the discussion of the ebay TR3B and I can't resist
adding to it.  I totally agree with all of Andy's "counter-rant" for the
following reason.

I bought my TR3B in the early 90's, sight unseen for $7,000 from an ad in
Hemming's.  I drove to Philadelphia with my trailer, handed the guy a check,
took it for a short drive then loaded it up.  I didn't care that it was
painted four different shades of powder blue, had rusty fenders, engine
knocking and tears in the seats.  It was an authentic TR3B and I had to have
it.

For 2 years I drove it as is and had a great time.  I didn't care what it
looked like or how it sounded I just took it out and ran the heck out of it.
Of course the time came when I had to restore it which took about 2 years
during which I didn't have has much fun unless you call searching for NOS
parts fun.  Not a frame off restoration mind you just kind of a top down
restoration.  Kept it sensible but it was a real pain painting the frame on
my back.

Then it was off to the shows with a fresh TR3B.  Hey this is pretty easy
since it was usually the only car in class.  Just have to score enough points
for a first place.  Not many of these 3B's around.  We won everything
possible including some second place trophies and first place two and three
times over.  But am I having fun now?  Now if I get a scratch I bummed out
for a week.  Now if I hear a noise I am stressed out.  And why does this
thing always run Hot?

Now my 3B's restoration has aged and we can go out and have fun again.  Who
cares if the paint is cracking, the motor always runs a little warm and the
fuzzy door seals are thread bare.  Lets just go out and enjoy.  Besides there
seems to be a lot more 3B's nowadays going for the gold.  Let them have it I
am having fun again.

Darrell Floyd
63 TR3B  TCF 2645 L    (it has an O but don't tell the judges)