Re: front leaf spring bolt removal.

To: Patrick Caswell <tr4u@earthlink.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: front leaf spring bolt removal.
From: Bruce Robertson <mrmomo.geo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 08:50:02 -0800 (PST)
Pb Blaster, heat, RBFH, C-clamp (are you talking about
a leaf spring bolt like I am suffering with on my
toyota 4X4?) I can forward you all the e-mails from
the toyota list if you want...

Quick list of what I have been told
1)PB blaster
2)BFH
3)C-Clamp
4)BFH
5)Twist it with channel locks
6)BFH
7)Heat it with torch and use BFH
8)BFH
9)Air Chisel
10)BFH
11)Curse and swear at it
12)BFH
13)Soak it in Diesel fuel over night(to eat the
bushing)
14)BFH
15)Burn the bushing out
16)RBFH, Sledge
17)Cut it off and weld a new one on......

--- Patrick Caswell <tr4u@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Lister's,
> Has anyone had the opportunity to remove the front
> spring eye bolt for =
> replacement? I have a set of Stainless Replacement
> bolts. but would like =
> any advice before I go out and start hammering the
> old bolts out. I have =
> soaked them down with PB Blaster.

=====
Bruce Robertson "MrMomo"  Vehicles in my driveway:
'90 Rio Red Honda CRX, '82 Blue Toyota 4X4 Pickup
'66 B.R.G. Triumph TR4A, '91 F350 Dually *FOR SALE*
'91 Suzuki Samurai(Wifes)'84 Renault LeCar*FOR SALE*
Coming soon '02 Blue Lagoon VW Jetta TDI
Age unknown: Highly modified John Deere tractor.
"Straight lines are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers"
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/