Re: Stag for Sale?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stag for Sale?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 20:11:18 -0000
Hi Larry
I can understand the not light blue, as it doesn't have a lot going for it,
I have an Ice Blue Toledo, and the colour is so shallow that it doesn't
really have a reflection, and the rust just blossoms right through it. The
Brown however, though it is not one of my favourite colours, does have a
deep shine, accompanied by a reflection so deep you can see the world go by
in it, and brown is also less prone to rust, as evidenced by the fact that
more and more of the remaining cars are brown. I think this was due to the
lack of pigment in the brown paint, meaning the cars got more thickness of
paint, certainly the guy who took the "stored car makes a good shelf" damage
out of the paint on my Maple 2.5 PI said he was amazed how much paint he had
used to get a good build on the colour!

Graham