TR4 Engine Question

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Engine Question
From: HDRIDER570@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:57:40 EST
As I was rummaging through the old parts bin today I found an unusual item.
It is a fan extension hub (Moss part 837-530).  The unusual part is that it
is cast aluminum.  It has all the external dimensions of the regular steel
part but the front flange has not been drilled for the fan mounting holes.
It does have one 1/2" dia cast hole in the fan flange.  The pulley flange has
only three (rather than six) mounting holes drilled.  The center bore is
drilled for a standard bolt instead of the special TR bolt that has the
starter handle dogs.

It has two numbers cast into the extention section

142121   CFL

and

V2993

Has anyone seen one of these before?