Re: Jolly hockey sticks

To: SDOliner@aol.com
Subject: Re: Jolly hockey sticks
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 15:35:27 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
SDOliner@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/13/02 3:32:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> w.davies@virgin.net writes:
>
> << There are replica Frogeyes produced here in the UK which use a frontwheel
> drive engine and transmission from either the Mini or Metro, but how or why
> anyone would want to convert an original to FWD is beyond me! >>
>
> I got this web page from the spridgets list:
>
> http://www.banmoco.co.uk/sprint/
>
> David Oliner
> 59,60 Bugeyes
> 67 TR4A

I haven't been following this thread closely, so please pardon if this has been
said before -- but maybe this demonstrates differing engineering solutions to
the
same problem, whatever that problem might be.

I suppose everyone knows about the Mini being raced in SCCA that has been
converted to REAR WHEEL DRIVE and is considered by SCCA to be legal. Maybe those
clever Brits will try to get SCCA to agree that this Sprite is legal. Then it's
just a small step away from getting SCCA to homologate a Sprite with the NEW
Mini
drivetrain. Want one? Please send me a $10,000 deposit. Unmarked bills are
preferred.

Sorry -- too much time at the computer, too little time in the garage.

--

uncle jack - red, white, and New Blue