Re: TR3A's with Powder Blue Frames

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A's with Powder Blue Frames
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:37:05 +1100 FILETIME=[35E8C900:01C19C8B]
Darrell wrote:

There is precedence for this since some TR3A's got Powder Blue
>frames!  The story circulating is that there was a glut of Powder Blue
>paint
>so the factory just used it up on some frames.  I have seen a couple of
>show
>cars done up this way that are both Signal Red with the Powder Blue frames.
>They are really kind of cool.  Anyone else out there with a Powder Blue
>frame?  Scratch some of that muffle coat off, you might have one and not
>even
>know it.

FWIW the previous owner of my TR4 owns a TR3A with a red frame, painted that
way from the factory. He speculates that the factory may have painted them
red for some cars that were to be raced so that crack would show more
readily. Any confirmation of this type of thing happening?

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4 CT23641 O (black frame, silver wheels)
Sydney, Australia