RE: TR4A wire wheels

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4A wire wheels
From: "Mike & Mary Smith" <msmithnc@bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:47:20 -0500
Listers,

I had bad luck with a set of 60 spoke painted wire wheels bought new in '93
(I think:  they were a gift.)  They have no brand or model markings at all.
It was several years before I installed and drove them, but within 5,000
miles, I was having lots of broken spokes.  I'm a bike mechanic, so I
checked tension and true, but soon I lost 24 spokes on one of the rears.
That was an exciting time.  Spokes broke on all four corners, regardless of
wheel and hub adapter swaps.  I seem to remember that some wheels were built
in and imported from India, which puts me in mind of a USAID guy I knew when
I was in the Peace Corps in Nepal.  He put a US made gear in the tranny of
his Indian built Jeep.  Inside of 100 km, he had a pile of steel dust and
one US made gear inside the casing.  Fortunately, I had 4 disc wheels, two
silver and two black.  Where's that can of Spa white spray paint?......

Mike in Asheville
CTC57208LO