Re: TR6: Axle Flutter?

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6: Axle Flutter?
From: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@mail.presby.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:15:20 -0500
Martin,

Here is something you can quickly check.  I had a kind of rattle
or flutter noise that I thought might be the gaiter on the right
rear halfshaft.  I heard it most easily when I passed a bridge
support or a wall on my right.  I jacked up the car but found
nothing wrong.  Finally, I took the wheel off the front right
and found that the grease cap had come off the hub and was
rattling around under the plastic hubcap.  I hope your problem
is that simple.

Tim