Re: TR-4 Stromberg Piston update (long)

To: <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, "Scott Tilton" <sdtilton@yahoo.com>, <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR-4 Stromberg Piston update (long)
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:34:28 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I suggest shut off the engine and with the air filters off, lift the pistons
and look in the carb throats to see if both the butterflys are fully closed.
Then manually turn the throttle to see if both the butterflys open the same
amount at the same time.  If the "springy" thing connecting the two
butterflys is not adjusted properly, one butterfly may be fully closed and
the other partly open.  This may be causing the problem.

Don Elliott, 1958 TR3A
Montrea, Canada

<ptegler@gouldfo.com> wrote
 This may sound funny... but to perform a test to determine