TR genuine original factory Radio (inquiry/rant)

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR genuine original factory Radio (inquiry/rant)
From: corey.sherman@rcn.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:58:09 -0500 18, 2001) at 01/18/2002 08:58:14 AM, Serialize complete at 01/18/2002 08:58:14 AM
British Leyland AM/FM pushbutton radio on eBAy... $365 ... incredible (I
suppose if a Bumble Bee hose can command over $250, why
not)!

What bothers me is the information provided, or rather misinformation.
Please help me understand the "facts":

[] I thought that British Leyland didn't start badging their logo until
after 1972. How could this possibly be a TR4 Radio? Certainly the radio
would work, but it's not "genuine".

[] Factory AM/FM radios were only available for TR250/TR6, except for US
dealer/customer aftermarket units - how could this be "factory issued".

[] According my archive (Jon Macartney stated, How can I tell if my radio
is a factory original?)"...up to 1972, Triumph supplied an AM only radio - and
with one
loudspeaker."

[] I thought TR4 were supplied with Smith Radiomobile models.

[] I thought the custom built units for Triumph available were Bendix
(v350&v480); Motorola Sapphire XIV; and US made Triumph 1967 Am/FM #7FBTRX

Please advise.

Triumph TR6 TR4 Jaguar MGB Orig. AMFM Radio  Item # 600201579
"This is a genuine original factory issue British Leyland AMFM pushbutton
radio that was used in the Triumph TR4, Triumph TR6, MGB and Jaguar
sportscars....among others. This is a vintage original that has sat on the
shelf for many years. It was just pulled from storage, cleaned and bench
tested to new standards. Everything functions as new. It is tight as new.
Pushbuttons, dial indicator, tone switch, dial light, etc, all function as
new. Excellent tone quality....if you use a decent speaker system with the
unit. No damage. This is one of the nicest originals you can find. Needs
nothing. Measures 5 1/2 inches deep X 6 3/4 inches wide X 1 3/4 inches
thick. Measurement between knob centers is standard 5 1/4 inches. See my
other auto anctions. Email for info."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=600201579&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1011307369&indexURL=0&rd=1