Re: TR genuine original factory Radio (inquiry/rant)

To: corey.sherman@rcn.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, hfader@usa.net
Subject: Re: TR genuine original factory Radio (inquiry/rant)
From: Dave <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:46:19 -0800
The Triumph radio is stuck in the dash in the usual place,
just not connected to anything.  The CD player is mounted on
a piece of plywood with a piece of piano hinge on the front
edge fastened to the firewall.  There is just enough room
above the passenger side parcel shelf for a tape deck to
swing up out of sight and lock into place behind the fascia.
Paint the underside of the plywood black so you don't see it.
A sheet metal screw through a short piece of 1/4" tubing
screwed into the front door jamb provides a peg for it to
rest on when it's down but it vibrates so I need to come
up with a better arrangement.  This is for a GT6 or Spitfire.
Dave