Re: Stud Extractors

Subject: Re: Stud Extractors
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 21:39:49 -0000
Hugh,

I have used the type of stud extractor you describe and I think you may be
disappointed with the results. The hardened knurled cam tends to slip and
chew up the stud if it is really tight and rusted in.

I prefer the type that externally ressembles a sparkplug socket but
internally it has three full length cams that tighten progressivly and do
not damage the threads if you want to reuse, also they are easier to locate
into those awkward spaces.

I bought mine from Draper here in UK they come in a metal box of three
sizes. They have a web site, a google search should find them.

Snap-On do them and are probably superior but you may have to take out a
large bank loan first.

Adian TR4A CT64306 O