Re: [triumph_herald] Change point of Herald 1200 Coupe Windscreen Seal?

To: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "triumph cars" <triumph_cars@yahoogroups.com>, "herald" <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] Change point of Herald 1200 Coupe Windscreen Seal?
From: "William Davies" <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 14:37:46 -0000 g0LEg3m09856
From: John Kipping <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>

> Chassis number is GA56239CP (596 DXX), this coupe is a two owner car, the
> original little old lady owner was going blind and had to give up driving
> (lived in Saffron Walden) and when we bought it (late eighties) it had a
> wide finisher in the rear and I seem to remember that there was evidence
> that the front seal had been changed and a narrow type one fitted as I am
> fairly sure cars wouldn't have been finished with one wide and one narrow.

Thanks for that John.
Coincidentally, I had a caller yesterday who bought a wide finisher windscreen
seal for his early Mk2 chassis'd 1200 Coupe, commission number was around
GA83xxx. His rear screen seal was good and also of the wide finisher variety.
    So any advance on that commission number????
        Cheers,
            Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics