Decoy Radio

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Decoy Radio
From: corey.sherman@rcn.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:27:55 -0500 18, 2001) at 01/21/2002 07:27:59 PM, Serialize complete at 01/21/2002 07:27:59 PM
My recent thread on the TR Radio has raised another interesting
question...
for those who have installed their original radios as "decoys," how have
you gone about installing the real ones (i.e., FM/CD changers units; under
seats; in the trunk)?

Once upon a dream (and larger bank account), I was toying with having my
original TR AM Radio undergo a AM/FM stereo conversion (see Jeff's website
http://www.ohms.com/spitfire/radio.shtml#radio). There are several reliable
vendors who can perform the task, but for
outrageous sum$$$.

For laughs, this was one quote:
If you wished it converted to FM stereo it would run at least $445, which
would include the conversion, only 2 speaker setup (not enough room for a
4 speaker setup), internal fan for cooling and a few mods. 22 watts per
channel.  Possible CD input option another $45 if their is enough room.
Shipping  $10.

By my estimation, I could buy the very nice compact AM/FM unit with remote
and a CD changer for substantially less.