TR3A steering box (oil leak)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A steering box (oil leak)
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:27:40 EST
Does any one have experiance with replacing the the bushing and oil seal for
the rocker shaft assembly?

I realize that I may need to remove the nose to do this, however, if at all
possible I would rather not have to remove the entire steering box just to
repair the oil leak.

The manuals mention that the rocker shaft may be adjusted while in situ,
however they do not address replacing the seal/bushing. While I'm at it I
would probably replace the "silentbloc" bushings connected to the idler lever
and drop arm.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Best Regards,
Ed ('58 TR3A)