Re: TR4/250/6 lower wing/fender repair panel

To: Dixie <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4/250/6 lower wing/fender repair panel
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:29:31 -0500
Dixie wrote:

> This leads me to a simpler alternative that is finding a non rusty section
> from an otherwise damaged wing/fender.
> What I need is the lower 6 inches (say 8 inches to allow for trimming) That
> is passenger side in the US drivers side in the UK.

Adrian,

Be careful with this - although the shape appears very similar, the TR4/4A/250
range has a slightly different profile to the wheel opening such that the sill
piece on those is an inch longer from door opening/rocker edge to the wheel
opening than on the TR6.  Depending on how much you plan to replace, you may be
able to get by with just sectioning in a patch over the bad area.  But if you
end
up with a '6 salvage piece, don't expect to be able to make one horizontal cut
above the sill line and have it all work out OK.

Good luck!

Brian Schlorff
Power British
1242 East Ridge Pike
Plymouth Meeting, PA  19462-2754
610-270-0505
610-270-3059 fax
(new website under construction...finally!
http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars
)