Re: [net] Still grilling in New England

To: net@lists.mv.net
Subject: Re: [net] Still grilling in New England
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:36:40 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Rick Barnard wrote:

> Hi List,

[stuff deleted]

>       Here's my question:  what's a good product/technique for cleaning up
> and polishing aluminum, and also for stainless steel?  I have a bench grinder
> with a buffer wheel, but am not afraid of using elbow grease.

For polished aluminium, I always have used "simichrome", a product from
Germany. It works really nice. You can use it without a buffing wheel
(e.g. hand polishing).

I'll have to cede to the experts on polish for stainless steel. I'll guess
you want to use "rouge".

>               Regards,
>                       Rick   1973  TR6  CF257OU

later,
rml

p.s. I think the original finisher strip under the grill was plasitc
coated. The new ones appear to be powder coated (and last longer,
frankly). They used to rot out in "no time", as the vernacular implies.