RE: Tr3a gas tank

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tr3a gas tank
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:26:39 -0500 o m>
Cc: "'Randall'" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <Shrack04@aol.com>
Some days, I really should not send email anywhere <g> "me no type good at
night".

Let me try and explain the problem in a little more sensible manner.  I am
trying to install the gas tank into the TR3a and no matter how I try and
position it I can not get it in place with the filler neck.  The neck was
from the car, being still good (flexible, no cracks etc)  so size should not
be the issue.

Things tried:

1/ tip the tank forward into the passenger compartment. Put filler neck in
place and try and tip back into place, no luck

2/ tip the tank forward and bring the bottom into the trunk. Again put the
filler neck in place and tip up from the bottom towards the front of the
car.

Like I _tried_ to say last night, I must be missing a critical step in doing
this.  Does someone have instructions?

Thanks and sorry for the confusing email of last eve.
David Templeton
'59 TR3a - TS54226L