RE: Tr3a gas tank

To: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tr3a gas tank
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:52:07 -0800
Hi Dave,
        I just went through the same thing a couple of months ago, I
installed a new tank and new filler "tube". What I ended up doing was
cutting about 1/4 inch off the "tube" , sprayed it liberly with
Silicone (pure), clamping it securely to the tank, then I was able to
bend it enough to get the top (the threaded thing that the filler cap
screws into) started, and by rocking and cussing managed to get
everything put together.  Not an easy task, but it can be done. I
think Randall was the one who set me on the right path by suggesting
I trim a little off the top.

Good Luck

--
Bill Pugh