RE: Tr3a gas tank

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tr3a gas tank
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:01:37 -0800
> Let me try and explain the problem in a little more sensible manner.  I am
> trying to install the gas tank into the TR3a and no matter how I try and
> position it I can not get it in place with the filler neck.  The neck was
> from the car, being still good (flexible, no cracks etc)  so size
> should not
> be the issue.

David :

I believe the trick is to not put the filler neck in place first.  As I
wrote you last night, trim the hose and slide it onto the tank neck, then
put the tank in position (from the passenger compartment, bottom end first),
and slide the filler neck into place afterwards.

It's not real easy, which is probably part of the reason they changed the
filler neck design around 60,000.  The later neck will fit the earlier cars,
don't know if the judges would notice or not <g>

Randall