TR 3 engine number.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 3 engine number.
From: Artmol3798@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:56:12 EST
When removing the engine to paint my tr3b  I discovered that the engine
serial number is missing.  The flat area near the coil where it would normaly
be engraved is smooth with no trace of a number ever having been there.  I am
the second owner of this car (have all records ) but there was no mention of
an engine swap, rebuild, etc. by the PO.  It does appear to be the correct
tr4 motor used in these late (1963) tr3's.  Any guesses of what this means ??
Thanks,

Art              Atlanta