Re: Tr3a Comm plate

To: "Triumphs@Autox Net (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tr3a Comm plate
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 00:07:32 -0000 g0Q0MCb09583
From: David A. Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
To: Triumphs@Autox Net (E-mail) <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 7:19 PM
Subject: Tr3a Comm plate

> For those who are interested, I have put on my site a scan of the new comm
> plate and the old one for comparison.  I think they did a fantastic job.
>
> http://trandmustang.homestead.com/Tr3aCommplate.html

Something of an unashamed plug follows.
On a related subject, I've just received a batch of reproduction Factory
Reconditioned Engine data plates. To those of you who aren't aware, these are
the brass plates rivetted to the blocks of engines supplied under the Factory
Exchange scheme. These were used on engines rebuilt from the mid 1950s through
to (at least) the end of the 1960s - possibly someone like Jonmac could advise
whether they continued into the 1970s. I have encountered them on Spitfires,
Heralds, Standard 8 & 10, Tr3a, Tr4, Tr4a and at least one Swallow Doretti, so
the application list is huge! An image of the (replica) plate can be found here:
http://freespace.virgin.net/w.davies/Products/Reconditioned_Engine_plate.htm
Not evident in the image is the 3-dimensional nature of the plate - I have made
every effort to get these as true to the original as possible and I am frankly
very proud of the end product.
    Anyone interested in purchasing one of these plates can find the details
via my website below. Sorry for the commercial bias of this post, but I have
been a faithful lister for about 5 years now (under various identities!) and I
feel there are many Triumph owners who will be interested in this product,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics