Re: Auto MFG response to 9-11

To: "BOB KRAMER" <rgk@flash.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Auto MFG response to 9-11
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 23:33:46 -0500
Bob Kramer wrote:

> 3. Daimler Chrysler- $10 million to support of the children and
> victims of the Sept. 11 attack.
> 5. Volkswagen- Employees and management created a Sept 11
> Foundation, funded initial with $2 million, for the assistance of the
> children and victims of the WTC.
> 7. Audi- Nothing.
> 15. Porsche- Nothing. Press release with condolences via the
> Porsche website.
> Apart from Hyundai and Volkswagen, the foreign car companies
> contributed nothing at all to the citizens of the United States. It's
> OK for these companies to take money out of this country, but it
> is apparently not acceptable to return some in a time of crisis. I
> believe we should not forget things like this. Say thank you in a
> way that gets their attention.  Pass it on."

Bob, I think you let mass media bias cloud your judgment.  Are Porsche and
Audi not part of the Volkwagen group?  And if each marque is to be listed
individually, why haven't the American Big Three been dissected into each of
their respective name brands?

And while we're at it, I'll just point out that forwarding messages based on
their content, without knowledge of the facts, is a little disturbing.  Also
disturbing, is that such a willingness to promote bias towards foreign
enterprise is so easily spread by an obviously email of malicious intent (I
know you didn't write the original email Bob, so you aren't the malicious
author in question).  A simple websearch of "Porsche September 11" has found
that this email is a hoax, please see:

http://www.womanmotorist.com/ftrs/bs-911-automakers-2001-03.shtml

Cheers,

Kai