Re: Auto MFG response to 9-11

To: "BOB KRAMER" <rgk@flash.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Auto MFG response to 9-11
From: "Rave Racer" <Ravewar@rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 04:28:18 -0500 fep04-mail.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com from [24.42.200.148] using ID <ravewar@rogers.com> at Sat, 26 Jan 2002 04:18:55 -0500
    Audi is a Division of VW.  It's like saying Chevy didn't contribute, but
GM did.
    As for BMW, they have been under financial support, also from VW, since
they almost lost their independance to Ford.
    Daewoo is unofficially bankrupt and either was or is going to be
purchased by Chrysler.
    I beleive Hyundai's contribution is a statement about the company, as
they are owned by Chrysler also.

    I'm the last one who will support corrupt Capitalist business, but I do
beleive that there are some companies that have reasons for no contributing.
Whether you think those reasons are good or bad is something that you will
have to decide for yourself.
    I will definately own another VW and Audi in my future.  Honda?  Never,
mostly because of their attitude of superiority, but the lack of their
contribution adds to their contempt of western culture in my opiniion.
Thanks for listening.

My $0.02

       Rave Racer
'89 Jetta 1.8L 16V GTX
 http://www.vwot.org/members/Pete.html
'87 Audi 4000 Quattro Sedan
 http://www.audifans.com/registry/view.php?action=viewCar&carid=110
'72 Triumph GT6
 http://motorcities.com/contents/01I3H011116682.html
'83 Toyota Tercel (yoda)     Possible future Sandrail donor...  Maybe