"On The Beach" - Apologies In Advance

To: "TriumphTeam" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: "On The Beach" - Apologies In Advance
From: "Mark Meany" <mark@basecamp.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 17:56:41 -0500
Sorry for bringing this thread up again but I finally got a chance to rent
the movie last night. Ignoring the central premise for the moment, has
anybody catalogued what vehicles participated in the race scene? Was that a
beloved TR-3 that launched itself over a bank in flames? Please contact me
off list. My dad owned a '55 300SL Gullwing which he patched together back
in the early '60's & I accompanied him to many SCCA events in the Midwest
during that time. (That's, in fact, what spawned my current restoration
effort.) You can imagine my thrill at seeing a Gullwing dicing it up with
all those other period vehicles.

Regards,

Mark Meany
Keene, NH