Re: GT6-3: Damson w/what Interior?

To: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6-3: Damson w/what Interior?
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:02:00 -0000 g0TL5Bb09822
From: M. Secrest <msecrest@erols.com>

> Who can tell me if black was a correct interior color option for a '73
> GT6 that was painted Damson?
>
> I ask because I'm thinking of changing body colors on my car, and would
> like to retain originality.  A couple weeks ago, someone provided a link
> that answered this question, but of course, I lost it.

Hi Martin,
    I have a "Triumph Colour Ranges" brochure in front of me which lists Damson
as being available with 3 trim options - Silver Grey, Tan and Black. There is
no sign of the usual date code on the brochure so I can't accurately date it,
but it's certainly somewhat earlier than 1973 as it lists the Herald 13/60
Saloon, Convertible and Estate as current models, which means it can't really
be any later than 1970, while the presence of the 2000 Mk2 means it can't be
earlier than 1969.
    Hope that helps,
        Cheers,
            Bill.