Re: GT6-3: Damson w/what Interior?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6-3: Damson w/what Interior?
From: "William Hooper" <rotoflex@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 06:26:29 +0000 FILETIME=[0E519100:01C1A957]
Cc: bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk, msecrest@erols.com
Mine was New Tan.
Aside from Damson appearing to me to be the best color on a GT6 MkIII, the
tan interior worked best with it too.  Black sometimes tends to look sort of
base-model, the gray just doesn't work well with some colors (& I think
Damson's one it doesn't work well with), and tan's additional point of
attraction is that it *looks* like glove leather, & by extension the
interior of a LB (sports) car.

That said, in points of practicality, original-spec tan interior pieces for
the GT6 MkIII seem to be rare or non-existent.  Seat covers don't have the
pinhole vinyl inserts, replacement door panel designs vary slightly from
original, etc.  Practicality would point to black if you're re-doing it,
because replacements in black are a sort of standard.

Also bear in mind that black is not a good color if your interior tends to
get hot.  GT6 owners know more about the burning fires of hell than TV
preachers, since that's how hot those GT6's get inside sometimes.  Black
absorbs heat, & what GT6 owner needs more of that?

But those tan interiors are so inviting & comfortable.

What was your original body color; why don't you like it?

I remember seeing that GT6 (I) in the 2nd Austin Powers movie, in that GT6
color I've always thought ugly, but suddenly in context, it was retro &
cool.
I know lots of people who've changed LBC body colors for a non-race car, but
later wished they'd kept the original color (some are happy with their
decisions, as always, YMMV).

GT6 MKIII's came in some rich colors, & looked deadly sharp in most of them.
  Damson, Dark Blue, White, & BRG, etc.

Original message follows: