Re: TR250,TR5,TR4 steering wheel needed,thanks!

To: RX74EVR@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250,TR5,TR4 steering wheel needed,thanks!
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 17:07:26 +1100 FILETIME=[B991E1B0:01C1AAE6]
Paul Seedoff wrote:

>I have just found the perfect steering wheel, and now i need a better
>condition one to make my TR6 perfect..I need a great condtion steering
>wheel
>from a TR250 or TR5,TR4. I need the thick black covered 3 spoke one.I have
>new center cover, but my wheel is beyond help..I think the wheel is the
>same
>as a TR4 thats just had a padded cover installed over it, so if you have
>that
>one, thats would be great also! Anyone out there have  nice one, or maybe
>NOS
>one? THANKS!!!

Paul,

The steering wheels from a TR4/4A/5/250 are very different to the TR6 types
(there are 4 differet types of TR6 steering wheel). The TR4/4A's three spoke
wheel is 16" compared to the 15" wheels on TR250/5 and 14.5" wheel on late
TR6s.

Also the spokes varied a great deal throughout the years. The TR5/250
steering wheel had three thickly padded spokes, the very early TR6s had
holes in metal (no padded) spokes, the later TR6 steering wheels all had
slots on the spokes.

Which of your TR6s do you need the wheel for? Your 71' will have a different
steering wheel to your 74/75.

If you find a TR4/4A wheel that you decide you don't need let me know ;-)

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4 CT23641 O
Sydney, Australia