RE: First 10 miles clocked and simple operation questions.

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: RE: First 10 miles clocked and simple operation questions.
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 08:36:57 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Message text written by "Randall Young"
>> As for dizzy bolt not being a likely leak point, where should I
> be looking?

I don't know offhand, anywhere that could spray/drip/blow onto the dizzy I
guess.
<

Isn't the oil pressure sense line, flex line and the acorn nut/copperwasher
all in that area.  Oil can leak and cling and run along things in a way
that can confuse the issue.  And the induced wind from forward motion can
cause it to defy gravity.

BTW my TR3 (OK my wife's TR3) started leaking more profusely than normal
and a new set of copper washers and a new acorn nut resolved the issue.  I
took the opportunity to replace the 45 year old flex line while I was at
it.

Dave