Re: First 10 miles clocked and simple operation questions.

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: First 10 miles clocked and simple operation questions.
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 23:54:35 +0100
Hi David
It has been my experience that SU dashpot oil is too thin, (no wish to start
a debate on this, I know that most of you have a different preference) I
regularly use anything from engine oil to 90 weight oil, the main principle
is, the thicker the oil the slower the damper rises, the slower the damper
rises the longer you retain a richer mixture for acceleration. This will
have little effect on overall fuel consumption as the damper will reach its
equilibrium point, just it will take maybe a second or two longer.

Are your carbs supposed to have return springs for the dampers and if so are
they in place.

Graham.