RE: Dizzy basics

To: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dizzy basics
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:28:57 -0700 o m>
> If I rotate the dizzy clockwise am I advancing the ignition?

Yes.

> Is there a way test to see if the advance is working correctly?

Connect a timing light to #1.  With the light shining on the timing mark,
and the vacuum advance disconnected, the mark should appear to move evenly
as you rev the engine up (centrifugal advance).  To test the vacuum advance,
you'll need a source of vacuum, like a Mity-Vac.  Apply the vacuum to the
advance module and watch the timing mark move.  Or, just take the dizzy to a
shop with a "distributor machine" if you can find one.

> The book says the point gap is supposed to be .015" this is right?

That's what my book says too.

Randall