RE: Trailers at VTR 2002

To: "'Phil Ethier'" <pethier@isd.net>, "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Trailers at VTR 2002
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:19:42 -0400
Cc: VTR2002@yahoogroups.com, me <joyful1@gosignup.com>, greg g <gmark@gosignup.com>, Richard & Vicki huset <rvhuset@pressenter.com>, bob&sue <triumph@pressenter.com>, "david.swanson8" <david.swanson8@verizon.net>, jgtr6 <jgtr6@aol.com>, jkallaus <jkallaus@hotmail.com>, jkhagen <jkhagen@msn.com>, jvbisanz <jvbisanz@worldnet.att.net>, oronocotom <oronocotom@worldnet.att.net>, ricaracine <ricaracine@juno.com>, sandolarry <sandolarry@hotmail.com>, sshogren <sshogren@popmail.com>, terry <terry@mackeyszar.com>, tr4guy1962 <tr4guy1962@yahoo.com>, tr6plum <tr6plum@aol.com>, ttelke <telke6182@attbi.com>, wmorris <wayne.morris@accuwareinc.com>, wrgingerich <wrgingerich@msn.com>, Brent & Kim <bkkiser@yahoo.com>, kgalberth <kgalberth@mn.rr.com>, gtronning <gtronning@aol.com>
Hop-count: 1 FILETIME=[9F205230:01C21C42]

[original post snipped]

> What width (can't be more than 8.5 feet and be legal), length
> and height?
>
> Some of our Minnesota Triumphs members have rural properties
> in Minnesota
> and western Wisconsin, if you don't feel comfortable in an urban
> environment.  Out in the boonies, a big trailer might go unnoticed.
>
> I have a reasonably-big concrete driveway, but I do live in
> Saint Paul, so
> the thing will be noticeable.
>
> > If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
> >
> > BTW, we will be arriving on Saturday, and my conference
> > runs until Wednesday morning.
>
> Which Saturday and which Wednesday are you talking about?
> The 13th and
> 17th?
>
> Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
> 1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
> pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org

Hi Phil,

I am not sure about the width of the trailer (borrowed),
but after talking with the hotel and the parking structure,
I am hesitant to take the trailer and Spit there. They
seemed to think that the hotel parking structure might
not accomodate the trailer/car. I've talked with a friend
who has stayed in the hotel before, and he had to remove the
roof rack from his rented Expedition. Only 6ft 6in clearance.
I am pretty confident that the Spit on the trailer won't
be a problem nor will my F150, but the trailer might be too
wide and long to safely negotiate the ramps in the garage.

And yes, I am refering to the 13th and the 17th, I'm sorry
I wasn't more specific.

I sent a note to Bob Lee regarding the Treasure Island lot
and he was checking on whether it would be OK. My only
concern is that since I won't have checked in yet, Treasure
Island might get funny about my leaving it there ahead of
time.

And again, thanks for your time,

Doug

--