Re: Trailers at VTR 2002

To: "Mitchell, Doug \(D.B.\)" <dmitchel@ford.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trailers at VTR 2002
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:45:46 -0500
Cc: <VTR2002@yahoogroups.com>, "me" <joyful1@gosignup.com>, "greg g" <gmark@gosignup.com>, "Richard & Vicki huset" <rvhuset@pressenter.com>, "bob&sue" <triumph@pressenter.com>, "david.swanson8" <david.swanson8@verizon.net>, "jgtr6" <jgtr6@aol.com>, "jkallaus" <jkallaus@hotmail.com>, "jkhagen" <jkhagen@msn.com>, "jvbisanz" <jvbisanz@worldnet.att.net>, "oronocotom" <oronocotom@worldnet.att.net>, "pethier" <pethier@isd.net>, "ricaracine" <ricaracine@juno.com>, "sandolarry" <sandolarry@hotmail.com>, "sshogren" <sshogren@popmail.com>, "terry" <terry@mackeyszar.com>, "tr4guy1962" <tr4guy1962@yahoo.com>, "tr6plum" <tr6plum@aol.com>, "ttelke" <telke6182@attbi.com>, "wmorris" <wayne.morris@accuwareinc.com>, "wrgingerich" <wrgingerich@msn.com>, "Brent & Kim" <bkkiser@yahoo.com>, "kgalberth" <kgalberth@mn.rr.com>, "gtronning" <gtronning@aol.com>
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
To: "spitfires (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>; "tr (E-mail)"
<triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 12:51 PM
Subject: Trailers at VTR 2002

> Hello all,
>
> The subject should really say trailers prior to VTR 2002.
> I am towing my Spitfire to Minnesota, and will be arriving
> ahead of VTR 2002 due to my attending a conference in
> downtown Minneapolis. I am concerned about leaving the
> car and trailer at Treasure Island, and am wondering if
> anyone knows if there is a better location to leave them.
>
> I have checked with the hotel I am staying at in Minneapolis,
> and it doesn't look like I will be able to get them into the
> parking garage adjacent to the hotel. (trailer width, length
> and height).

What width (can't be more than 8.5 feet and be legal), length and height?

Some of our Minnesota Triumphs members have rural properties in Minnesota
and western Wisconsin, if you don't feel comfortable in an urban
environment.  Out in the boonies, a big trailer might go unnoticed.

I have a reasonably-big concrete driveway, but I do live in Saint Paul, so
the thing will be noticeable.

> If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
>
> BTW, we will be arriving on Saturday, and my conference
> runs until Wednesday morning.

Which Saturday and which Wednesday are you talking about?  The 13th and
17th?

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org